Mountain Top Is Newest Addition to America’s Next Great Golf Destination
Mountain Top Course designed by Gary Player
Bass Pro Shops founder and noted conservationist Johnny Morris teamed up with golf icon Gary Player to create a world-class short course that delivers an unparalleled experience for golfers. Winding through breathtaking rock formations and showcasing some of the most dramatic views in the Ozarks, the spectacular Mountain Top course is nestled in the beautiful Ozark Mountains.
- The stunning 13-hole, par-3 short course opened in summer 2017
- Player and Morris wanted every hole on the walking-only course to feature multiple tee boxes, accommodating golfers of all ages and skill levels, attracting families and experienced players alike
- Thousands of hours of painstaking pick and shovel excavations revealed dramatic limestone formations, creating an over-the-top experience that golfers will marvel at as they traverse through the formations
- Mountain Top provides golfers with some of the most stunning views in the region as the backdrop for countless shot variations that challenge the senses of all levels of golfers
- A series of winding bridges connects the third green and fourth tees as well as walking from the ninth green and tenth tees, bringing players to the edge of the earth over 300-million year old natural rock formations
- Morris used his Walt Disney-esque eye for nature to develop the uniquely designed 13th hole, featuring a green that sits just near the clubhouse that creates the grand-finale to an already incredible golf experience
- Mountain Top will join Top of the Rock and Buffalo Ridge Springs as courses played during the 2018 Bass Pro Legends of Golf at Big Cedar Lodge.
Big Cedar Golf: Nature’s Finest
The opening of the Mountain Top Course shows Big Cedar Lodge’s commitment to becoming America’s Next Great Golf Destination. The resort is advancing Morris’ vision for a world-class outdoor resort that combines a shared appreciation for nature appreciation and a premier golf experience. Joined by a Bill Coore & Ben Crenshaw designed 18-hole course in 2018, the additions to Big Cedar Lodge will complement the two existing and top rated courses, Buffalo Ridge Springs and Top of the Rock.
- In fall 2018, the world-renowned team of Coore & Crenshaw will unveil Ozarks National - an 18-hole design that is set to be a striking display for the senses and a fitting tribute to the Ozark region. This new course will serve as a gateway to the Ozarks National Forest and cement Big Cedar Lodge’s place as America’s next great golf destination.
- Payne’s Valley, a course by TGR Design, is scheduled to open in 2019 and named in honor of the late Payne Stewart. This will be the first completed fully public-access course in the world designed by Tiger Wood’s design firm. A partnership between Johnny Morris, Tiger Woods and the Payne Stewart Family, the course will showcase the region’s natural beauty through a 19-hole championship course, as well as a family-friendly par-3 short course.
- Buffalo Ridge Springs Course is a 18-hole public course, ranked by GOLF Magazine as the No. 1 Public Golf Course You Can Play in Missouri 2016-2017
- A true celebration of nature and Ozarks heritage, Top of the Rock Golf Course offers an unrivaled golf experience with unparalleled panoramic views that highlight the work of the legends of the game who collectively designed it, including a Jack Nicklaus designed 9-hole, par-3 course and an Arnold Palmer-designed practice facility